$include

Ed Conto econto1 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Feb 2 15:38:33 UTC 2001

>>                         IN      MX      10     $include /var/named/MX

To get this to work, you need to start with the "$include /var/named/MX" on
the line, and in the file "/var/named/MX", you would have something like :

@	IN	MX	10 your.mx.server.
@	IN	MX	20 your.second.server.

Whenever you have a host that needs these MX records, you would add one line
to the zone file:

$include /var/domain/MX host.for.mxers
$include /var/domain/MX host2.for.mxers

This would translate into:

host.for.mxers	IN	MX	10 your.mx.server.
host.for.mxers	IN	MX	20 your.second.server.
host2.for.mxers	IN	MX	10 your.mx.server.
host2.for.mxers	IN	MX	20 your.second.server.

-Ed