BIND 8.2.3 Classless Example

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Feb 1 23:41:02 UTC 2001

>It wouldn't work for that.  I don't think.

It works fine.  I use it that way ;>)

>This is meant to delegate PART of a reverse-lookup DNS domain to
>another server.

Actually, I would quibble with the word "meant".
This classless technique is nothing special -- it makes use of all
standard DNS stuff, so there was nothing "meant" to be there specially
for the classless delegation.

All I did was to use the same ideas for making a separate zone for
the dynamic stuff.

>delegate PART of a reverse-lookup DNS domain

That's *exactly* what my setup does, just ...

>to another server.

*not* to a different server.  There's nothing that says it *has* to be a
different server.

Tks          |  BVance at sbm.com
BV           |  BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu
Sr. Tech. Consultant,    SBM
Vox 770-623-3430         11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429         Duluth, GA 30097-1511