Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1: Server failed

Michael J. Pape papem at union.edu
Thu Feb 1 13:40:13 UTC 2001

Thanks for the reply,

The TTL directive is necessary for the zones to load as per reasons stated
in the doc/misc/migration document. I guess what threw me here was that
while the "no TTL" messages were logged, there were no messages logged that
explicitly stated that the zones were not being loaded. Furthermore, the
message log ended the 9.1 start up with a "running" message. I incorrectly
assumed at this point that a default value was being used  -- as was the
case for BIND 8... Perhaps running named at a non-default debugging level
would have helped...

Thanks again,
mike