Non-authoritative answer:

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Dec 31 23:58:56 UTC 2001

In article <a0qqrc$8od at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
atif munir  <atifch_sendmail at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>       I have recently install bind. and it works well
>one some domains it gives me message of
>Non-authoritive answer?

If these are for domains it's the master or slave for, this usually means
there's a syntax error in the DB file for those domains.  Check your log
and it should have error messages about those DB files.

If these are for domains it's performing recursion for, non-authoritative
answers are normal.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA