resolv.conf ??????

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Dec 29 06:05:39 UTC 2001

At 09:13 AM 12/28/01, Len Conrad wrote:

>At 06:02 2001-12-28 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >please someone tell me what is the purpose of file
> >
> >resolv.conf
> >
> >and what commands can be used in the file.
>
>man resolv.conf

He's running on Windows so he has no man pages.

On Windows, The only affect is on tools like dig, nslookup (BIND version only),
host, and nsupdate.  The only important records are the nameserver records.
You should not rely on any other entry in this file. Windows in general does
not know about this file. Only BIND and its tools know about it and that's
only due to BIND being a port from Unix.

         Danny