Seeking for the BIND source code :)

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Dec 27 17:23:26 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 11:41:31AM -0800, Nastradin Oxa wrote:

>  I know it must be simple to see it, but i've just
> downloaded BIND and I dont know how to read it.:))
>
>  I'm just interested in some details, though i can not
> program, i understand some things so...
>
>  If you can please send me the code in some text
> format :)) or just tell me how to get to it :)

Once you have downloaded bind-9.1.0.tar.gz (e.g.), the command line:

	gunzip < bind-9.1.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -

(note the '<', '|', and '-' chars!) will create for you the bind-9.1.0
directory, under which you will find a number of subdirectories for all
the different programs, libraries, data files, and help files that
comprise the BIND system.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B