bind redirecting NS

Charles Bodley bodley at tflogic.com
Thu Dec 27 17:00:50 UTC 2001

While setting up a new Microsoft with active directory I read that it needs
to be in charge of it's dns. I let it think it was in charge of
*.tf-pdc.internal.tflogic.com but I can't seem to set up my zone roght so
that queries to bind are forwarded to the tf-pdc box. here is the zone file
I am trying to use. Everything is working accept the tf-pdc part

[root at blizzard /root]# cat /var/named/db.internal_tflogic_com
$TTL 3600
$ORIGIN tflogic.com.
internal        IN      SOA     internal.tflogic.com.
hostmaster.tflogic.com. (
                        2001121701 ; serial
                        43200 ; refresh
                        7200 ; retry
                        1209600 ; expire
                        3600 ; default_ttl
                        )
internal        IN      NS      blizzard.cyberset.com.
internal        IN      A       10.1.2.17
$ORIGIN internal.tflogic.com.
localhost       IN      A       127.0.0.1
users           IN      A       10.0.0.1
webhost1        IN      A       10.0.0.103
tf-pdc          IN      A       10.1.2.1

$ORIGIN tf-pdc.internal.tflogic.com
        NS      10.1.2.1

I also tried these other three things.

$ORIGIN tf-pdc.internal.tflogic.com
        IN		NS      10.1.2.1
$ORIGIN tf-pdc.internal.tflogic.com
*	IN        NS      10.1.2.1
$ORIGIN tf-pdc.internal.tflogic.com
@	IN        NS      10.1.2.1

What is the correct syntax to make this work?