about managing a dns entry

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Dec 19 21:17:39 UTC 2001

ns2.freenix.org is giving out stale information for the zone. Note that
ns7.gandi.net (the other delegated nameserver) is reporting a serial number of
2 for the zone, whereas ns2.freenix.org is reporting a serial number of
2001092602. Did you by any chance lower the serial number on the master without
going through the correct procedure for slave synchronization?

ns2.freenix.org is also publishing bogus NS records for the zone (ns0.gandi.net
and ns4.gandi.net), which don't even match the delegation records.

- Kevin