.us problem?

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Wed Dec 19 17:03:32 UTC 2001

* Michael Mulligan <mulligan at dayglo.state.ky.us> said, on [011219 07:15]:

> I do not have direct control over the actions of the agency in
> question; but it now appear they have changed the authoritative
> servers for kycourts.net to aocdns1 and aocdns2.kycourts.net, dropping
> the various ___.ky.us servers.
>
> This change is reflected in a whois today, but the problem remains.

Whois records are only coincidentally related to what happens in the
DNS. What matters is what your parent domains's servers (in your case,
gtld-servers.net) have in their delegation. The domain's owner changed
the registered nameservers at his registrar, dotearth.com, yesterday
morning, but apparently did not process the update in time for it to be
included in the current net. zone. Wait until the next gtld-servers zone
update tomorrow.

-Pete