Creating our own top-level domain

Dena Whitebirch shore at quasar.net
Sat Dec 15 05:02:56 UTC 2001

The database most of the TLD managers in the inclusive namespace are
using to attempt to avoid duplicating existing TLDs is located at:
http://root-dns.org/vuedig.htm

Just type in the TLD and you can see which zones may already have it
functioning.  (CINICS is an exception...it appears as though
'everything' is already created there as he's wildcarded his zone, so
you can select the 'zones' link to see what's actually there.)

After you've found a non-conflicting TLD, and it's answering on at
least two nameservers, then you can write to hostmaster at vrx.net (me)
and/or richard at vrx.net (Richard Sexton) to request addition to the
ORSC Root Zone.

Help for getting it all setup can be found at:
http://support.open-rsc.org and/or http://orsc.net/

Feel free to write if you need additional help.

Regards,

Dena A. Whitebirch
@quasar Internet Solutions, Inc.
http://quasar.net