How to Restrict recursive DNS queries on BIND for NT4

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sat Dec 15 06:02:31 UTC 2001

At 11:18 AM 12/14/01, Cricket Liu wrote:

>If you keep removing bind-users from the cc: line, this is
>the last reply you'll get from me.
>
> > No, we use the native version of bind under NT ? I don't know the version.
>
>There's no native version of BIND for Windows NT.  You're
>running the Microsoft DNS Server.  There's no way to restrict
>recursive queries using the Microsoft DNS Server.

ns1.hubwoo.com returns NOTIMPL, so it's probably running BIND 4
(Larry Kahn's port).

H:\bind9bin>dig @ns1.hubwoo.com version.bind chaos txt

; <<>> DiG 9.2.0 <<>> @ns1.hubwoo.com version.bind chaos txt
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOTIMPL, id: 41
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;version.bind.                  CH      TXT

;; Query time: 701 msec
;; SERVER: 64.14.177.30#53(ns1.hubwoo.com)
;; WHEN: Sat Dec 15 00:58:00 2001
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 30

         Danny