does type forward zones make BIND 8 continuously poll?

Marc Thach Xuan Ky marc.thach at tesco.net
Fri Dec 7 21:51:07 UTC 2001

I'd like to disagree slightly with Cricket here,  BIND 8 prior to 8.23
would query the forwarders in listed order, timing out at 30 secs
divided by the number of forwarders.  BIND 9 times out in a different
way which I find almost indescribable!  I've got some traces lying
around somewhere if anyone's really interested, I'll forward them
individually since IIRC Listar strips off binary attachments.
Marc TXK