Hostname Responds, but not CNAME - BIND 9.1.3

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Dec 4 22:28:28 UTC 2001

In article <9ujhct$poj at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Gabe <notlikethemovies at yahoo.com> wrote:
>OK, substitute endertechnology for "domain".

When I try to query server1.endertechnology.com (207.182.236.92) I get
"Connection refused".  When I try to query server2.endertechnology.com I
get a timeout; it also doesn't respond to pings.

This probably means that one server is totally dead, and the other is up
but named isn't running.  Making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA