Unspecified error

Michael Kjorling michael at kjorling.com
Tue Dec 4 15:49:31 UTC 2001

Now you are way off. named -d## (actually, ## from 0 thru 99) sets the
debug level; at least that's the way it works in BIND 9. Stats are by
default written to named.stats, if I don't recall wrong - and unless
you turn it on in your configuration it's off by default. And one
shouldn't use signals to talk to BIND these days, with ndc being
available for BIND 8 and rndc for BIND 9.

(Also I don't see why you sent this directly to me as well, but that's
nothing I'm going to argue about.)

Michael Kjörling

On Dec 4 2001 10:45 -0500, Todd, Douglas M. wrote:

> The -d on a
>
> named -d (number from 1-9...i think) dumps the stats to a named_db file
> automatically.  Otherwise you can do a kill -INIT to dump them..
>
> See man bind.
>
> ==DMT>
>

> > I'm not sure what ls -d would do, but I tried 'dig axfr' on both the
> > authorative name servers for domaina.com and was able to receive a
> > zone transfer without any problems.
> >

> > Michael Kjörling
> >

> > On Dec 4 2001 08:47 -0000, Tony Wong wrote:
> >
> > > I have a bind 8.2.5 server configured for domainA. The problem I am having
> > > is when I do a "ls -d domainA.com"
> > >
> > > here is what I get:
> > >
> > > ls: connect: No error
> > > *** Can't list domain domainA.com: Unspecified error
> > >

> > > Any ideas?

- --
Michael Kjörling  --  Programmer/Network administrator  ^..^
PGP: 95f1 074d 336d f8f0 f297 6a5b 2aa3 7bfd 8a70 e33e   \/
Internet: michael at kjorling.com -- FidoNet: 2:204/254.4

"There is something to be said about not trying to be glamorous
and popular and cool. Just be real -- and life will be real."
(Joyce Sequichie Hifler, September 13 2001, www.hifler.com)