Parsing an AXFR zone transfer into a name record

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Mon Dec 3 23:15:23 UTC 2001

> Are there any tools out there for turning a domain transfer into a name
> record? I cobbled together a little perl script to do this, but it only
> deals with a few records types. I was hoping there was a robust tool out
> there to do this sort of thing.

What's a "name record"?

You can use tools like dig and host to print the contents of a zone
in master file format, if that's what you mean.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software & Services
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/8000/8000_dns_training.html
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes