another classless IN-ADDR.ARPA delegation question

Frank Joerdens frank at joerdens.de
Mon Dec 3 11:16:48 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:41:34PM +0000, Barry Margolin wrote:
[ . . . ]
> >Can anyone explain? My guess would be that the CNAME entries in the
> >provider's zone file, like
> >
> >190	CNAME	190.176/28.212.8.62.in-addr.arpa.
> >
> >are missing.
>
> Why do you say that?  The response you got above clearly shows that CNAME
> record.

You're right; I was confused. :-/

[ . . . ]
> However, the first time I tried this I got a SERVFAIL error.  It appears
> that the servers ns.kkf.net, ns2.kkf.net, and ns3.kkf.net don't have the
> zone loaded; either they're not configured as slave servers or they've been
> unable to transfer the zone from the master server.

Should I consider that a problem? I guess so, because now I don't have
any backup for the zone 176/28.212.8.62.in-addr.arpa. (would that be the
only argument?).

Another thing I don't understand: Some of the servers I asked won't
return the correct results, such as ns1.fu-berlin.de or dns.roka.net
(but ns2.roka.net does?!). Are those servers mis-configured?

Thanks, Frank