Logging activity

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Aug 30 19:02:41 UTC 2001

In article <9mm1v0$9kp at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Daniel Schärli  <daniel.schaerli at sfh-osar.ch> wrote:
>How can I log the exact activity of bind 8, e.g. all querys from and to
>all server/clients?

Look up "queries, logging" in the index of the "DNS & BIND" book, and go to
those pages.

>Is there a way to optimize bind, e.g. make it faster, make it using less
>memory?

Not really.  You can use the "datasize" option to limit how much memory it
will use for the cache, but when it hits this limit the process will exit,
so you'll have to implement something that monitors it and restarts it
automatically.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA