the same ip answer about partial another A record via nslookup ??

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Aug 30 18:23:37 UTC 2001

In article <9mlulj$5e7 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, jenny <mjjung at gngidc.net> wrote:
>> set q=soa
>> yesnic.com  (rotis.com is also the following)
>Server:  [211.239.120.105]
>Address:  211.239.120.105
>
>com
>        origin = ns1.seoulcity.com
>        mail addr = twister_glove.twister.com
>        serial = 2001070101
>        refresh = 14400 (4H)
>        retry   = 7200 (2H)
>        expire  = 604800 (1W)
>        minimum ttl = 7200 (2H)
>========================
>
>why does our nameserver have a invalid nameserver's informations?
>why does it happen this situation ?

Because you're running an old version of BIND that is very trusting of
records in the Authority Records section of a response.  At some time you
queried a server that claimed that it was the owner of the entire .COM
domain, and your server installed that incorrect record in its cache.  From
then on, when your server looks up a .COM name, it goes to that server
instead of the real GTLD servers.  I suspect this bogus server has a *.COM
wildcard that returns the same address for everything.

You can clear this bogus record out of your cache by restarting named.  You
should then upgrade to a recent version of BIND to prevent it from
happening again.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA