Issues with DNS NOTIFY using BIND 9.1.3 and Re: BIND 9 Not S ending Updates?

Vinson Armstead - PA Vinson_Armstead at GMACM.COM
Wed Aug 29 21:49:37 UTC 2001

I tried using rndc and with no better luck.

I have even added "listen-on" statements in each server to ensure they send
and receive on a specific IP address.

These server are on the same IP network with no firewall between them.

Strange????????

Thanks for the assistance

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Finkel [mailto:b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 11:01 AM
To: bind-users at isc.org
Subject: Re: Issues with DNS NOTIFY using BIND 9.1.3 and Re: BIND 9 Not
Sending Updates?

I am responding to two threads because the answer to both is similar.

Vinson Armstead - PA  <Vinson_Armstead at GMACM.COM> wrote:
>After making a change to the zone files on my master server I restart BIND
[9.1.3]
>(kill  -HUP ???). I check my slave server it does not seem to have received
>the DNS NOTIFY sent from the master. The zone files on the secondary are
not
>updated and do not update until the TTL expires or I restart BIND (kill
>-HUP).

With the newer BIND 8.x releases you restart named via "ndc".
With BIND 9 you use rndc.
I have no idea whether "kill -HUP" will do what you expect it to do.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov