BIND 8.2.3 Error messages

Nardis, Frank nardis at TrendCS.com
Wed Aug 29 20:26:34 UTC 2001

I am running bind ver 8.2.3 with the INTERNIC root servers listed in my
named.root file.  I have SEVERAL named sysquery errors in my messages file.

Is something misconfigured?  If not what is the meaning of the message?

named[5127]: sysquery: no addrs found for root NS
(SCA04.AUTH.DNS.EXODUS.NET)
 named[5127]: sysquery: no addrs found for root NS
(SCA03.AUTH.DNS.EXODUS.NET)
 named[5127]: sysquery: no addrs found for root NS ()
 named[5127]: sysquery: no addrs found for root NS
(SCA04.AUTH.DNS.EXODUS.NET)
named[5127]: sysquery: no addrs found for root NS
(SCA03.AUTH.DNS.EXODUS.NET)

Entry in named.conf:

zone "." {
        type hint;