Question

Federico Bockel fbockel at arnet.net.ar
Wed Aug 29 07:04:31 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have 3 dns servers running Bind 9.1.3 on Solaris 7.
1 master and 2 slaves.
When the master transfers the zone to the slaves the zone changes. After
this the zone stops updating. When I check the same zone with
named-checkzone on the master and on the slaves, the named-checkzone on
the master replies OK and the named-checkzone on the slaves reports lots
of errors, out of zone data, and other stuff. If I change the zone on
the slaves after a while its changed again with these incorrect data. An
example is: It changes the soa replacing the @ for the domain.com takes
the @ from the ns and mx records, and adds ORIGIN fields. One of the
errors of named-checkzone.

could not find NS and/or SOA records
has 0 SOA records
no NS records

Any idea of what its causing this and how to solve it?
Regards,

	Federico