BIND 9 Not Sending Updates?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Aug 29 19:04:55 UTC 2001

You're miscomprehending what nsupdate does. nsupdate doesn't update *files*
directly. It sends updates to a nameserver which then writes zone data to
files when it needs/wants to. What you effectively told nsupdate was to read
the zone file as a list of nsupdate commands, but nsupdate commands are in a
totally different syntax than zonefile records. All you managed to do was
confuse and annoy nsupdate.

Look at the man page for "nsupdate" for the syntax you need to use to
construct and send updates.

- Kevin