[Q] DNS record on previous name server

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Aug 29 17:48:34 UTC 2001

At 11:48 AM 8/29/01, Chiyuki Ikejima wrote:

>Thank you for your advice Barry. I am thinking about that way.
>
>I would like to have some advice from DNS wizards here, if there is any
>organization can make political action when an ISP does not delete a domain
>record from their name server after the domain moved out from their hosting
>service. I mean, does any organization has right to step into ISP to watch
>their DNS configuration and if needed has right to order them fix it.

This is really a legal question and not a DNS question.  It's a question of what
your contract with them says and what the contract between them and the
party that delegated to them says.  Moreover, it depends on jurisdication. You
didn't say what country you are talking about.

Are they REFUSING to remove the domain, or have they just not gotten around to
it or you can't find the right person and the right paperwork to remove it?

         Dany