9.2.0 release date?

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Tue Aug 28 10:31:29 UTC 2001

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 07:18:37PM +1000, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> I'm building 2 new servers and I guess I would like to start with the
> latest and greatest than having to upgrade soon after..

Significant changes tend to introduce bugs. Unless you really, really
need some of the new features in 9.2, 9.1.3 would get my vote until
9.2 has had some time to bed-down, so to speak.

> What I would like to know though is how much change is there going to be
> between 9.1.3 and 9.2.... If I go ahead and build all with 9.1.3, will
> upgrading be a matter of installing the new binaries?

Check the Change logs for the most recent 9.2 beta -- you'll see
what's been done up to now. Since 9.2 is in Release Candidate 1
at the moment they aren't likely to be many big changes before
release.

Regards,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's