Bind 9 zonefile-format

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Fri Aug 24 20:22:14 UTC 2001

%
% Hi,
% I´m quite desperately trying to mirgate from BIND 8.2.2 to Bind 9. All I get
% are strange Errors. The same Zonefile worked fine with BIND 8. Now
% named-checkzone complains about an unexpected end of input in line 8, just
% where my SOA-record ends, what do I have to add, can anyone give me a sample
% zonefile?
% Mine lokks like this:
%
% $TTL 3600
%
% mydomain.loc. IN SOA name.mydomain.loc. (
%                 153     ;serial
%                 10800   ;refresh
%                 3600    ;retry
%                 172800  ;Expire
%                 86400   ;minimum
%                 )
%
% mydomain.loc.   IN NS name.mydomain.loc.
%
% ;host adresses.........
%
% What is wrong with the minimum entry or the syntax of this file???
%
% Thank you
% Thomas
%

	You are missing either RNAME/MNAME field in the SOA record.... Try:

mydomain.loc. IN SOA machine.mydomain.loc. hostmaster.mydomain.loc (
                 154     ;serial
                 10800   ;refresh
                 3600    ;retry
                 172800  ;Expire