NewbieAlert->Registrering ns in a registar.... then what...

Trond Erling Hundal trond at havneavisen.net
Fri Aug 24 11:34:09 UTC 2001

Hey.
I am a newbie with dns.
I am a little uncertain about a few things regarding a functional nameserver.
We have purchased a couple of domain names that I have set up in my nameserver.
But I have not yet transferred the domains to my nameserver.

For me to transfer a domain, I will need a nameserver handle, right?
I have notified my registar of my nameserver... Now what.
How does this procedure work? Will they test my nameserver, and then send me the handle?

Another thing is that I cannot do a reverse lookup on my ip address yet, as I have understood it, this is a problem.
I thought it was the registar that has to set this up... will I need any configuration for my ip to make this happen???

- trond