forwarder question

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Wed Aug 22 09:56:51 UTC 2001

Hi Thomas,
Maybe you should selectively forward for the internal domains.
rgds
Marc TXK

                    Thomas Stalder
                    <tom at coco.ch>          To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.switch.ch
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    bind-users-boun        Subject:     Re: forwarder question
                    ce at isc.org

                    22/08/2001
                    05:51
                    Please respond
                    to tom

Hello Simon

This seems to explain my problem.
The reason for my question is, that the 10.x.x.x name servers have
infos on 'internal domains' which the the others don't, but they are
further away. In case they are not reachable, the domains they are
serving aren't either, so it doesn't matter. And for the Internet domains
the 192.x.x.x and 130.x.x.x name servers still provide the DNS.
But in our setup Bind usually prefers 192.x.x.x, and this is the closest
name server, but it doesn't know about the internal stuff.

Many thanks, Thomas