Best practice of remote-management

Webservice info at webservice.be
Fri Aug 17 17:00:15 UTC 2001

Problem:
- Want to update/add/delete zonefiles from a mysql database to
primary/secondary nameservers which only run Bind-8.
- I don't want to run a webserver on the nameservers (perhaps mysql)

Solutions:
Well, I thought of couple ideas ans surfed the web (grabbed here and there
some sources), but the most sources is for running nameservers and
webservers on the same machine.

I already have a separate machine where all info for the domains is stored
in mysql (mx, cnames, nameservers, webserver).
So it's not so hard to build the zone-files and named.conf from that
database, but then what?

- Sending the namefiles through FTP and restart Bind with a cron (or an open
port)
- Using NFS (over a private 192.168-network)
- Upgrading/patching bind (rather not but if it's a good solution)

Has anyone a good idea for this?

Best Regards,
Pascal
--
Webservice
Registar .be-domeinen           Tussen Bermen 40