Dan's "Ease of Use" Table, Redux (was Re: bind 8.2.4: limiting used memory?)

D. J. Bernstein 75628121832146-bind at sublist.cr.yp.to
Tue Aug 14 04:37:33 UTC 2001

BIND company employee Jim Reid writes:
> I quote you verbatim:
> 	"But you were perfectly happy to make a fool of yourself."
> 	"You are continuing to make a fool of yourself."
> 	"You are again making a fool of yourself."

None of those observations were substitutes for answering Kevin's
arguments. Therefore, none of them were ad hominem.

(In the first case, I had already quoted the BIND 9 manual on chroot. In
the second case, I pointed out that Kevin's apex approach wasn't even
close to a solution to the stated problem. In the third case, I cited a
URL making clear that Kevin's TCP comments were nonsense.)

> Or maybe you'll insult me for providing this proof of your ad hominem
> behaviour?

All you're proving is your own illiteracy.

> childish name-calling

What are you talking about? I'm simply identifying you as a BIND company
employee.

You have consistently responded with comments such as ``grow up.'' Those
comments suggest that you find this identification insulting. Frankly, I
don't care whether you find it insulting. It's the truth, and saying it
is not ``name-calling.''

> And why are you incapable of referring to Nominum or the ISC by name?

The corporate shells keep changing. I don't keep track of the current
list of names, nor do I expect my readers to do so.

---Dan