Gandi.net

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Aug 13 16:31:52 UTC 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:44:07PM +1000, Mark Frost wrote:
> I am just registering a domain with gandi.net
> I haven't set up my nameserver yet, and it is composerary to enter at
> least two name servers.
>
> What happens if I put bogus info in there?
> Is this possible?

Unless they check, it's certainly possible.  However, you are messing
yourself up there because (a) users WILL try to access the server you
name, and will take a negative answer as definitive [or a non-answer as
a need to take more time to check ... watch out for creeping timeouts!]
and (b) you will not get the same amount of outage protection that you
would if you have two name servers in different locations.

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B