Dan's "Ease of Use" Table, Redux (was Re: bind 8.2.4: limiting used memory?)

E. James Nagle jnagle at broadswift.net
Sun Aug 12 11:18:22 UTC 2001

I just have a few things to say concerning this:

1.  This is a BIND mailing list

2.  Myself being a novice DNS admin - proceeded to take a broken BIND 4.9.x
configuration and fix it.  It took quite a while but was well worth it as I
learned a lot about name server processes that I previously had not known.

3.  A basic BIND install / config is VERY easy!  Anything "automated" would
not be able to provide anything beyond basic.

4.  Anything in life that is easy is probably not worth much anyway (i.e.
windows)

Just had to throw my 2-cents worth in on this one.

E. James Nagle
Nagle Enterprises, Inc.
www.broadswift.net