Forward DNS Not Working (BIND 4.9.7-REL)

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 11:15:38 UTC 2001

"E. James Nagle" wrote:

> su-2.01# nslookup dirtrace.com
> Server:  localhost
> Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> *** localhost can't find dirtrace.com: Server failed
>
> su-2.01# nslookup 207.68.69.104
> Server:  localhost
> Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> Name:    dirtrace.com
> Address:  207.68.69.104

No idea what this means nslookup could be doing anything - learn
"dig".

> If anyone has ANY suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

dig +short @a.gtld-servers.net dirtrace.com ns
NOC.APP-NET.com.
NSPITT.BELLATLANTIC.NET.

Neither of these servers are serving data for dirtrace.com.

That is about as far as we can take it this end. I assume the
noc.app-net.com server is under your control, suggest you check
why it isn't serving the domain.

--
Are you using the Internet to best effect ? www.eighth-layer.com
Tel: +44(0)1395 232769      ICQ: 116952768