error

Michael Kjorling michael at kjorling.com
Tue Aug 7 13:56:29 UTC 2001

It means that you didn't specify any default TTL using the $TTL
directive, so BIND had to use something else instead and decided that
the SOA minimum was a good idea.

Besides, 3600 seconds is not one day, but rather one hour. You are
going to get mighty confused some day if you don't straighten that
out. (And, considering that syntaxes like "1D" or "1H30M" are
supported, there is little reason to specify times in seconds
anymore.)

By the way I sure hope that what you posted was not the entire zone
file, because then you've got bigger problems than a notice about
missing TTLs :-)

Michael Kjörling

On Aug 7 2001 19:14 +0530, Madan Rai wrote:

>   hi
> can somebody telll me what this message stands for.. ?? is this
> because in default ttl line its default_tty1 1 day
>
> Aug 7 19:05:07 ns1 named[569]: Zone "qwecde.com" (file
> q/p-qwecde.com): No default TTL ($TTL <value>) set, using SOA
> minimum instead
>
> db file is like this
>
> 3000000111      ;serial
>                 10800           ;refresh 3 hours
>                 3600            ;retry 1 hour
>                 604800          ;expire 1 week
>                 3600            ;default_tty1 1 day
>

> is this because in default ttl line its default_tty1 1 day(
> spelling mistake )
>
> Madan Rai

- --
Michael Kjörling - michael at kjorling.com - PGP: 8A70E33E
Manager Wolf.COM -- Programmer -- Network Administrator
"We must be the change we wish to see" (Mahatma Gandhi)

^..^     Support the wolves in Norway -- go to     ^..^
 \/   http://home.no.net/ulvelist/protest_int.htm   \/

***** Please only send me emails which concern me *****