different between DNS NT and DNS UNIX

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Thu Aug 2 11:12:08 UTC 2001

>I wonder if there is any different between mechanic of DNS for win NT
>and mechanic of BIND 9 (DNS for UNIX) in implement dynamic update.

for the updating, no

>Can you explaint for me how DNS for WIn NT implement dynamic update, and
>how BIND9 implement dynamic update and the difference between them

Both BIND8 and BIND9 plus W2K implement dynamic updates per the RFC´s, so
you should be reading the RFC´s as "DNS design specifications".

The BIND and W2K security features to protect dynamic updates differ in
that BIND supports TSIG and W2K has a proprietary, or at least not publicly
documented (I think that point has or will soon changed), equivalent technique.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways