Which named should I put in S72inetsvc?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 2 00:18:44 UTC 2001

The "BSD" and "port" pathnames are directories, not files. I don't think
you'll have much luck executing them :-)

It would generally be a bad idea to puth any pathname with a
release-specific component, i.e. "bind-8.2.4" into S72inetsvc. What
happens when you upgrade to BIND-9.1.3 or BIND-9.2.0? The pathname will
constantly have to be changed every time you upgrade.

"/var/obj/bind" is where BIND builds itself if you "make stdlinks". Did
you do this at some point? Looks like you may have multiple copies of
the BIND build on your machine. I'd get rid of the /var/obj/bind stuff
unless you need an extra build hanging around on your machine for some
reason.

By process of elimination, then, you should set the pathname in
S72inetsvc to /usr/local/sbin/named...

- Kevin