Two A records

mark Mullai mmullai at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 21:56:25 UTC 2001

Read about round robin
That will explain what you are trying to do. @ A records with different IP addresses are legal. What I dont know is weather it will work for your sutuation. It works for load sharing between several servers hosting the same  domain
Mark
  Jennifer <jkb at iccis.net> wrote:
Is it possible to have two A records for one host? (not really one host,
they would point to two different interfaces on the firewall.)

I'm trying to set up a redundant T1 into my site from a different ISP. I'm
thinking that I won't have a problem load balancing the outbound traffic but
when a link goes down, The DNS will either have to update pretty quick, or
I'll need a second record. I could put two interfaces in my firewall, one
on each subnet. Then I could redirect port 80, 25, etc. to internal hosts
from both interfaces. I don't see a problem with the MX records because I
can use a secondary. Are there secondary A records?

thanks for any help.