RAQ dns problems

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Apr 30 08:30:37 UTC 2001

    Dave> I recently purchased a raq colocated server so that i could
    Dave> move my domain name, xtremeland.net's dns from a free
    Dave> provider to it. I used the control panel to create the bind
    Dave> configs and set up secondary nameservers with
    Dave> secondary.com. However when I try to set the
    Dave> raq794.uk2net.com (my box) and the two secondary's as
    Dave> nameservers, my current host comes up with Invaild
    Dave> Attribute. What does this mean? How can i fix it?

You have presented no useful or relevant information. You've not said
what is generaing this message of what you did to cause it to appear.
Whatever is saying "invalid attribute" is definitely not BIND. These
words appear nowhere in the BIND8 or BIND9 releases. If your question
is about some GUI on this box, try asking the vendor.