Secure zone acting insecure

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sat Apr 28 14:15:54 UTC 2001

    Robert> I am experimenting with a secure zone for the first time,
    Robert> using bind 9.1.0. I've produced a secure zone file (the
    Robert> signed file) using the tools that come with it, and I've
    Robert> replaced the insecure zone file with the signed file in
    Robert> named.conf. I've looked over the signed file, and it seems
    Robert> correct: every record has a SIG and NXT record associated
    Robert> with it. I've used both DSA and RSA keys.

What's the name of the zone and the server? What does the signed zone
look like? What does the server say when it loads the zone? And
upgrade to 9.1.1. There are nasty threading bugs in 9.1.0

    Robert> I'm hoping that there is an easy fix, like adding some
    Robert> directive to my config file. Any help is greatly
    Robert> appreciated.

There are no magic config options needed. If the zone has been signed
correctly, the server will happily hand out replies with SIG and NXT
records in them. Do you get the AD (Authentic Data) bit set on the
answers for this zone? That tells you the name server believes the
zone has been signed OK.