Strange Non-authoritative Answer problem

Jay Nugent jjn at home.nuge.com
Wed Apr 25 16:28:39 UTC 2001

Greetings,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Support wrote:

> We are managing a domain (nashbar.com) that seems to have a strange
> problem.  All hosts are resolved by other name servers just fine except
> one:  dns.nashbar.com.  For some reason every name server I test comes
> back with a non-authoritative answer for dns.nashbar.com with an old IP
> of 12.4.177.8.  The current IP for dns.nashbar.com is 64.208.149.147,
> which was changed months ago, but the new info just isn't propagating
> out there.  I created a new host yesterday called test.nashbar.com -
> everybody can find that, but dns.nashbar.com is constantly WRONG.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

   Do you by chance, have a HST record on file with the InterNIC for
'dns.nashbar.com'.  And if you do, did you change it's assigned IP address
from 12.4.177.8 to 64.208.149.147 ???

      --- Jay

| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)971-1076    (734)971-4529/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |