Controls Statement question

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Tue Apr 24 13:42:02 UTC 2001

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 07:26:08AM -0600, Cinense, Mark wrote:
> Can someone tell me if I do not use a controls statement in my conf file,
> does that mean using ndc remotely on BIND823 will not work.

Yes, that's correct. If you do not use a control statement then no
control socket of any kind will be created which prevents any use of
ndc.

> I do not want to be able to run ndc remotely, only locally.

Then use the control statement to create a UNIX domain control socket on
your local filesystem with appropriate modes to prevent unauthorised
local use.

Regards,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's