Problem with 9.1.1

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon Apr 23 00:32:53 UTC 2001

At 2:21 PM -0700 4/21/01, Doug Barton wrote:

>  	Then your imagination is inadequate by more than half.

	Do you have any concrete evidence you can provide to the
contrary?  Do you run any gTLD nameservers?  Do you have first-hand
accounts from those who do?

	I'm willing to believe that I may well be wrong, but I'd like to
see commentary from those who have first-hand evidence as to what it
currently takes to run a gTLD nameserver.

>  	This is a function of how many end users looking up how many zones. There
>  is nothing to say it would limit itself at 256M.

	That's what I mean by busy -- one doing thousands of DNS queries
per second, and asking for a variety of RRs all around the world.
You know, the kind of traffic and loads that they'd see at AOL, what
with 29 million customers and all.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */