Unknown problems with thejanie.net

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Sat Apr 21 18:12:08 UTC 2001

This same situation has been discussed several times recently, so it
should be in the archives (assuming the archives are up to date).

The GTLD name servers return 62.254.57.6 as the IP address for
www.thejanie.net, as well as showing ns0.tradeelectronically.com and
ns1.tradeelectronically.com (but not the pipex.net nameservers you cited)
as the name servers for thejanie.net. This probably means www.thejanie.net
was once used as a name server, and its host record has not been deleted
from your registrar's whois database and/or the glue record has not been
deleted from the GTLD servers.

[later] Sure enough, whois.opensrs.net shows the following:

  Server Name: WWW.THEJANIE.NET
  IP Address: 62.254.57.6
  Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
  Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
  Referral URL: www.opensrs.org

You're going to have problems as long as the GTLD name servers continue to
return the old IP address. You need to get opensrs.net (Tucows?) to either
delete that host record, or else modify it to show the correct IP address.
If www.thejanie.net is not a name server, the record should be deleted.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204-5179 U.S.A.