Unknown problems with thejanie.net

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 15:13:27 UTC 2001

Hullo :)

I've been searching throught the archives for this list, but I've been
unable to find anything .. I guess it all depends on the wording used at
the time :(

Anyway, I hope some kind soul can offer assistance. I think I've manage to
damage a domain, and I'm not entirely sure how I should be using host,
dig, nslookup etc. to provide the right information...

The domain is 'thejanie.net' , and it should resolve to 62.254.55.115, and
it does, as do all of the hosts within it, EXCEPT for www.thejanie.net
which goes to the old address 62.254.57.6

I've checked the records on all four authoritative NSs

ns0.tradeelectronically.com
ns1.tradeelectronically.com
ns0-t.dns.pipex.net
ns1-t.dns.pipex.net

and they all report (authoritatively) that www.thejanie.net is the NEW
address 62.254.55.115.

Can someone then tell me why other nameservers on the 'Net (I'm citing
ns.sun.com and cache2.cableol.net as examples) report www.thejanie.net as
the old address of 62.254.57.6 ?

Many thanks for your time :)

Kind regards,