creating log files in a subdir together with versions doesn't wor k

Badbanchi, Hossein HBadbanchi at Webasto.de
Fri Apr 20 22:11:26 UTC 2001

Hi everybody.
I sent the following email last week, and waited for any kind of help. But
it seems that nobody felt like answering.
I send it a second time, may be this time someone will give it a try.
I greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.
HBadbanchi at webasto.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Badbanchi, Hossein [mailto:HBadbanchi at webasto.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 19:34
To: bind-users at isc.org
Subject: creating log files in a sbudir together with versions does not
work.

Hi.
Sorry the previous email had my signature file as an attachment.

I hope I am sending this email to the correct user group.

I have just installed bind 9.1.1.

The environment is a very small test environment, and everything seemd to be
fine until when I tried to put my logfiles in a subdir.

It seems that it does not work together with "versions" sub-statement!!

Here is the working logging statement:
logging {
   channel "my_general_channel" {
      file "logs/general.log" size 1m;
      severity info;
      print-category yes;
      print-severity yes;
      print-time yes;
   };
   category "general" {
      "my_general_channel";
   };
};

And here is the logging statement which does not work:
logging {
   channel "my_general_channel" {
      file "logs/general.log" versions 2 size 1m;
      severity info;
      print-category yes;
      print-severity yes;
      print-time yes;
   };
   category "general" {
      "my_general_channel";
   };
};

As far as I could debug the behaviour, named tries to write to a file
called "logs" in the working directory when the "versions" sub-statement is
present.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
HBadbanchi at webasto.de