Generic Zone File??

Chris Meadors bind at clubneon.com
Fri Apr 20 19:12:19 UTC 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Kevin Darcy wrote:

> If you have only constant information in all of those zones (e.g. an MX pointing
> at mail.xyz.com) or only zone-relative information (e.g. ftp.{domain}.com is
> always an alias to www.{domain}.com), or only a combination of constant and
> zone-relative information, then you could probably point all of the zone
> definitions to the same file, and you'd only have one zone file to maintain.

What do you do on the slave side of things?  When the zone is transfered
over @ORIGIN statements are thrown into the file, making it impossible to
use the same zone for all the domains on the slave.

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second penguin