new user named?

Craig Watson craigw at cyberdudes.net
Fri Apr 20 00:15:47 UTC 2001

I am running bind 8.2.3 in a closed network with private IP's.  I had user
named and group named set and everything was and is working fine but I was
looking at my logs and noticed something funny.

--Log OutPut Begin--
Apr 19 05:19:32 rabbit useradd[19068]: new group: name=named, gid=25
Apr 19 05:19:32 rabbit useradd[19068]: new user: name=named, uid=25, gid=25,
home=/var/named, shell=/bin/false
--Log OutPut End--

When I checked secure I wasn't logged on.  Also there is NO connection to
the Internet in that room.  Is this something that My OS does with Bind.  I
recently upgraded the machine from 8.2.2. If anyone can answer this question
I would appreciate their help.

Sincerely,
Craig Watson