Dynamic Update

BRANCH DONALD DBRANCH at ibjus.com
Thu Apr 19 17:06:41 UTC 2001

Ladies and Gentlemen

	Question? I'm running bind 9.1.1 and testing out Dynamic Update
coming from a windows 2000 systems. My bind is on hpux 10.20 system.
I keep getting permission denied. when the windows 2000 workstation tries to
update the zone.  I have put allow-update option with the ip of the windows
workstation in the zone file.  I used the -d option to get some statistics
from my bind server and it looks like the error I'm getting is tkey-domain
not set.  Is is mandatory in bind 9.1.1 to use a key for dynamic update or
am I reading this message incorrectly?  also I remember reading there is a
problem setting up TSIG keys between windows 2000 and unix is this correct?

Any help will be appreciated Thxs

Donald Branch
Unix Systems Admin
Mizuho