creating log files in a sbudir together with versions does not wo rk.

Badbanchi, Hossein HBadbanchi at Webasto.de
Tue Apr 17 17:34:02 UTC 2001

Hi.
Sorry the previous email had my signature file as an attachment.

I hope I am sending this email to the correct user group.

I have just installed bind 9.1.1.

The environment is a very small test environment, and everything seemd to be
fine until when I tried to put my logfiles in a subdir.

It seems that it does not work together with "versions" sub-statement!!

Here is the working logging statement:
logging {
   channel "m_general_channel" {
      file "logs/general.log" size 1m;
      severity info;
      print-category yes;
      print-severity yes;
      print-time yes;
   };
   category "general" {
      "my_general_channel";
   };
};

And here is the logging statement which does not work:
logging {
   channel "my_general_channel" {
      file "logs/general.log" versions 2 size 1m;
      severity info;
      print-category yes;
      print-severity yes;
      print-time yes;
   };
   category "general" {
      "my_general_channel";
   };
};

As far as I could debug the behaviour, named tries to work with a file
called "logs" in the working directory when the "versions" sub-statement is
present.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
HBadbanchi at webasto.de