FW: dDNS and dynamic updates.

webmaster at primeinc.com webmaster at primeinc.com
Tue Apr 17 16:24:19 UTC 2001

I have BIND 8.2.3 running on my internal LAN.

I have DHCP setup to send dDNS updates to the bind server, and this works fine. I can ping WORKSTATION.tLD and get the stations
current IP address. This is all using 3rd party software.  (A Bind PORT w/GUI)

I run a mostly NT network.  Each user is limited to a single sign on.  (One station only.)  I want to have each users signon
resolvable in dDNS.  If I ping JDOE.tLD I would get JDOE's IP address. (not by  station, as my users move.)

I have looked at the RFC for DDNS, and it is beyond my programming abilities.  I can do the API's to get the users and their IP's, I
just cant get this to DNS.

Is there an easy way to do this?  Some sort of tool?

Thanks!

Edwin

http://www.primeinc.com
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error please reply to the sender of the message.

The views expressed in this correspondence may not
reflect the views of Prime, Inc.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.