Old/New DNS Info Munged.. :-(

Chip Old fold at bcpl.net
Sun Apr 15 13:29:04 UTC 2001

This same problem was covered here a couple of weeks ago, but in your case
we can't check it out because you supplied anonymized data.  Don't do that
if you want better than guesswork as an answer.

Was "www.mydomain.com" formerly a nameserver for "mydomain.com"?  Use dig
to look up "www.mydomain.com" on the GTLD name servers
(a.gtld-servers.net, etc).  You'll probably get an "A" record back
pointing at the old IP address.  Then do a host lookup in the NSI whois
database.  You'll probably find "www.mydomain.com" there with its old IP
address.  You need to modify the host record or delete it, which ever is
appropriate.

Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold at bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180
Manager, BCPL.NET Internet Services     FAX:     410-887-2091
320 York Road
Towson, Maryland 21204-5179 U.S.A.